As the hotel closest to Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach you are constantly reminded of fishing, seafood, water sports etc. As a maritime area there is no shortage of spectacular seafood. And what better time to enjoy that food than on Restaurant Week in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Beach Restaurant Week Discounts
During restaurant week and hotel week in Virginia Beach, save money on a hotel, sample gourmet delights from Virginia Beach’s best restaurants, and experience ALL of Virginia Beach’s culinary offerings. The participating restaurants here in Rudee Inlet and beyond offer discounted menus to allow more people to try the great dishes on their menus.
Across the Street from the Schooner…Rudee Inlet
Across the street are some of the most iconic Virginia Beach Seafood Houses participating in Restaurant Week. Here is a rundown of some that are in throwing distance of the Schooner Oceanfront.
- Rockafeller’s Restaurant
- Rudee’s On The Inlet Restaurant and Cabana
- Chix Seaside Grill
- Waterman’s Surfside Grill
Dont Miss These Great Entrees on the Oceanfront
There is nothing bad on the sample menus but there are some items you have to try. Yes, this is opinionated but here are a few picks you want to make sure you do not miss.
Rockafeller’s Restaurant Must Try:
• Oysters Rockafeller: Makes sense to me with a name like Rockafellers
• Inlet Trio:This is part of the $32 menu. It is worth it. You get to try three favorites from this gourmet seafood haven including shrimp with crabmeat, bbq bacon shrimp AND the ultimate jumbo lump crabcake
Chix Seaside Grill..Don’t Miss…:
• Seafood Chowder: Rich and creamy..you will want more once you try it
• Signature Chix crabcake: Find out what a REAL fresh crabcake is supposed to taste like
Waterman’s Surfside Grill top pick is:
• Seafood Chowder: Really you cannot get enough of this stuff.
• Surf and Turf: Enjoy the versatility of this restaurant with a sirloin paired with crab and shrimp bake
Rudee’s On The Inlet Restaurant and Cabana Must Have:
• Oysters Rockafeller: Rudee’s take on this recipe has been featured on The Food Network
• Seafood Alfredo: Fresh shellfish with cream sauce over linguini. I can’t even write this without getting hungry
All of these offer fresh authentic seafood. This is not a seafood chain store with small portions of previously flash frozen seafood. These restaurants participate in the Hampton Roads Sensible Seafood Program. The Sensible seafood program is designed to keep the area waters full of fresh healthy sea life so that what you get at the table is fresh and delicious.
Find out more about Hampton Roads Sensible Seafood Program
Don’t forget Seafood For Lunch
This may sound a little piggly but don’t discount the lunch time to allow you to sample more than one entree. Most of these seafood menus offer a couple of choices and it may be more than worth it to schedule a followup lunch visit to enjoy more of the dishes that have made these restaurants very popular.
The Sample Virginia Beach Seafood Restaurant Week menus
Here is a link to see the Virginia Beach Restaurant Week full menus for these seafood restaurants as well as other places on the Virginia Oceanfront and greater Virginia Beach.